back to main Singer page
Two Thread Chainstitch, Two Needle and Three Needle, Feed-off-the-Arm
Machine Model 261U
- Lap seaming light, medium and medium heavy
- Bed dimensions: Space to right of needle
bar 8" (203mm).
Girth of bed at needle bar 61û2" (165mm).
- Motor required: Singer clutch motor high
speed 1û2 H.P.
- Machine pulley size:
For 261U21A machine:
2 29/32" (73.8mm) effective diameter for V belt.
For 261U43A machine:
3 55/54" (98mm) effective diameter for V belt.
- Full automatic lubrication.
- Clear, unobstructed view of work area for
operator with ample work space to right of needles.
- Lap seam feller supplied with machine.
- Small cylinder circumference of 61û2"
at needles permits stitching of greater variety of small
- Easy access to stitch regulator and looper
avoiding motion adjustment.
- Under-threading readily accessible through
hinged covers. Threading wire not necessary.
- Oil flow window indicates oil circulation.
- Belt guard furnished as standard equipment.
- Non-slip belt drive to bed mechanism assures smooth,
positive power delivery.
- Completely lubricated from large capacity oil reservoir.
- Radiating fins reduce oil temperature for cool machine
- Arm shaft busing to be changed to dual ball bearing.
- Suction pump for oil returning to pump.
- Oil guard and sheet metal oil leakage from looper take-up
- Independently adjustable loopers availablon 261U43A. This
greatly facilitates ease of looper timing adjustments. This
also assists in minimizing seam puckering and preventing
skip stitching in addition to achieving a smooth sewing
operation and sightly finish quality
back to Singer page